Prime logistics location
Omega is currently the largest mixed-use development site in the North West.
With immediate access to the region’s motorway network from Junction 8 of the M62, it’s unrivalled location has already proved attractive to Brake Bros, Hermes Parcelnet, Travis Perkins, Asda and most recently the Hut Group and Plastic Omnium.
However, Omega South is not just about B2 and B8 uses. The scheme benefits from an outline planning consent which could deliver up to 850,000 sq ft of high quality offices over the coming years. Additionally, in May 2016, an outline planning application was approved by Warrington Borough Council’s planning committee for around 1,100 new homes and opportunities for convenience retail and leisure facilities.
The development as a whole will be set within a network of vibrant landscaped, woodland, parkland and wildlife areas, including a 35 acre ‘Green Heart’ at its core, providing high quality amenity space for all.
- Omega is a £1bn, 233ha (575acres) mixed-use development to be delivered over the next 25 years
- Omega’s infrastructure links are unbeatable:
- immediate access to the M62 at Junction 8
- situated 3 miles west of M6/M62 interchange, midway between Manchester and Liverpool
- Occupiers include Brakes, Hermes, Travis Perkins, ASDA and most recently the Hut Group and Plastic Omnium (over 2.5m sq ft)
- Capable of accommodating up to 900,000 sq ft in a single unit
- 850,000 sq ft of office development can be delivered – outline planning consent is in place
- 2.5m sq ft of consented development achieved in the past 24 months
- Outline Planning Application approved by Warrington Borough Council’s planning committee for 1,100 new homes and space for mixed uses
- Additional 30 acres (100,000 to 250,000 sq ft) recently consented for B2/B8