For the Community
Omega is a £1bn, 233ha mixed-use, development site (on part of the former Burtonwood Airbase) at junction 8 of the M62. It is a joint venture regeneration project which is committed to delivering jobs and investment to Warrington over 25 years.
- Businesses will provide up to around 24,000 new skilled/unskilled jobs and improved traffic management
- New homes will provide a range of affordable houses for families, first time buyers and the the elderly
- Small shopping and leisure facilities are also proposed for the local community
- Development will be set within a network of vibrant landscaped, woodland, parkland and wildlife areas
- A 35 acre ‘Green Heart’ park will be open and accessible for use by the wider community
Keep up to date on progress and the benefits Omega is opening up for you and your family by registering for our newsletter and following us on Twitter.
Thank you, the local community, for your support and patience over the last few years. We look forward to working with you now and in the future to create something everyone can be proud of.
- Located on the former USAF/RAF Burtonwood Airbase at the M62 J8
- Site is made up of Omega North and Omega South on both sides of M62
- Warrington Borough Council has an extensive public transport strategy
- Occupiers include Brakes, Hermes, Travis Perkins and ASDA
- Current signed occupiers will provide over 4,000 full time jobs plus over 1,000 construction jobs
- Warrington Borough Council and the Training Provider Network will help local people into jobs
- When the site is fully developed, up to around 24,000 new jobs will have been created
- Around 1100 new homes have been approved by Warrington Borough Council’s planning comittee, to be delivered in phases